slagg

Teraz jest wtorek, 19 listopada 2019, 10:16

Strefa czasowa: UTC + 1 [ DST ]

[ Posty: 1 ] 

James Color Rush Bradberry Jersey

Autor Wiadomość
PostNapisane: środa, 30 października 2019, 05:04 
kapral

CHARLOTTE Brian Burns Jersey , N.C. (AP) — Rookie quarterback Will Grier got in his first work with the Carolina Panthers, while Cam Newton continued to be limited — even on the kickball field.Grier, the team’s rookie third-round draft pick, threw for the first time with his new NFL team as the Panthers opened rookie minicamp on a practice field outside of Bank of America stadium.Newton, who is coming off shoulder surgery, spent his day inside the stadium hosting his fifth annual “Kicking it with Cam” celebrity kickball tournament to benefit youth in the areas of education, diversity and inclusion, and wellness. In the past Newton has participated in the event, but he did not Friday.“It’s all right Luke Kuechly Color Rush Jersey , it’s getting there,” Newton said about his surgically repaired right shoulder.Newton underwent an arthroscopic procedure on Jan. 24, but has not thrown a football yet. When asked if he knows when he will be cleared to throw, Newton shook his head no.When Newton does return, he said he won’t change how he approaches the game, which means more running for the former No. 1 overall pick.“I’m not changing. I’m too old to change,” Newton said on the eve of his 30th birthday. “But I can get better. That is one thing I can do. At this point the things that make me (who I am) are instilled and cemented in. It’s just up to me to take my game to the next level and get better.”Instead of playing his normal role as a kickball pitcher, Newton mingled with some of celebrities on hand, including boxer Evander Holyfield — whose son Ryan Kalil Color Rush Jersey , running back Elijah Holyfield, recently signed as an undrafted free agent — former NFL player Terrell Owens and several current Panthers teammates including Christian McCaffrey and Kawann Short. He also did some dancing , too.Grier was hoping to attend the kickball event, too, but was a little busy learning his new job.Grier, who grew up in the Charlotte area, was with Carolina’s other rookies going through two short practices and spending most of the day in the classroom with coaches learning plays.He said his primary goal this weekend is to show coaches that he’s willing to work hard and that he’s coachable.“I think that is important,” Grier said. “Just fitting into the system and doing whatever it takes to help the Panthers win.”Newton said he is looking forward to helping Grier develop as a QB.The Panthers selected Grier with the 100th overall pick two weeks ago with the idea that he could come in and backup Newton — and perhaps develop into a starting quarterback down the road.“I have to be ready to play,” Grier said. “So that is my kind of goal Graham Gano Jersey , and my role, right now. All of the twos (backups) need to act like ones (starters) and that just means you have to be ready to play when your number is called.”Grier and Newton have met in the past.When Grier took the practice field Friday, he was in a familiar place. Several years ago he led Davidson Day High School to a championship in a 7-on-7 football tournament sponsored by the Cam Newton Foundation.He got to meet Newton at the time.Now, as surreal as he said it feels, he’s in the same quarterback room with the 2015 league MVP playing in the NFL.“I don’t remember if we took pictures,” Grier said recalling the 7-on-7 tournament. “But I remember Cam telling us to keep the energy up.” As Panthers quarterback Cam Newton has grown older, his game has changed.His palate has matured as well.Newton joked that he spent his mini-bye weekend after their loss last Thursday enjoying a glass of wine and a cigar, indulgences he’s only recently acquired.鈥淚鈥檓 29 years old,鈥?Newton said Julius Peppers Jersey , via Marcel Louis-Jacques of the Charlotte Observer, 鈥渁nd you know I ain鈥檛 eating peanut butter and jelly sandwiches and animal crackers at night.鈥淪o many people are into it. It is relaxing, it is something that warms the soul, so to speak, with a very rigorous day that you would imagine I could have at times.鈥漀ewton has consulted with one of the Panthers’ food service company supervisors, Rudy Patino, who is an actual sommelier, as he tries to learn what he likes and why (he’s currently drinking sauvignon blanc. Well hopefully not currently, it’s the morning DJ Moore Color Rush Jersey , and while he’s older he’s not a suburban soccer mom yet).鈥淲e have a sommelier on staff, Mr. Rudy. I didn鈥檛 know that until last year, I was giving a couple players one of my favorite wines and he was just telling me everything about it,鈥?Newton said. 鈥淚 had just watched the documentary on Netflix, ‘Somm,’ and that was just so cool to me.鈥淚 feel like if I had a gift or a hidden talent outside of playing an instrument, I would want to be a sommelier. Those senses that you have 鈥?for those who don鈥檛 know it, it鈥檚 being able to distinctively tell what type of wine it is, where it鈥檚 from and everything about the wine by just the taste James Color Rush Bradberry Jersey , the look and pretty much the feel of the wine.鈥淚t was just pretty cool to come across a person on a day to day basis that knows what they鈥檙e talking about. It鈥檚 just like playing football, it鈥檚 an ongoing thing that you have to constantly keep taking your nose and your tastebuds through.鈥滻n that way, it’s like his development as a passer, as he’s completing passes at a career-high 68.5 percent clip, and still using his skills as a runner to keep the Panthers offense moving.

[ Posty: 1 ] 

Strefa czasowa: UTC + 1 [ DST ]